Take part in an epic and ever-changing FINAL FANTASY as you adventure and explore with friends from around the world. The starter edition is perfect for newcomers as it includes the award-winning FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn experience and lets you begin your adventure as the Warrior of Light all the way through level 50. Join others from around the world and start your own FINAL FANTASY adventure today!Please note: The 30-day free play period included with purchase can only be applied once to each platform on a single service account. Moreover, this 30-day free play period is not applicable to platforms on which a license has already been registered.
IMPORTANT: We have confirmed an issue in which action icons fail to display on Macs using Radeon Pro Vega graphics cards. Because this affects gameplay, we advise caution if attempting to use this hardware to play FINAL FANTASY XIV.
LOGO ILLUSTRATION: © 2010, 2014, 2016 YOSHITAKA AMANO
- An epic FINAL FANTASY story featuring a vibrant cast of characters, hundreds of quests, and exciting locales to explore
- Celebrate the history of FINAL FANTASY through familiar monsters, bosses, music, and characters
- Tackle challenging dungeons and raids, or battle fellow players in unique forms of PvP
- Experience all of the jobs/classes on a single character using the flexible Armoury System
- Make your mark on the world by purchasing and decorating your very own estate – even build your own Airship!
- Adventure with friends using cross-platform play between PC, PlayStation 4, and Mac
Square Enix support for the Mac 32-bit version of FINAL FANTASY XIV will end with the start of early access for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers, currently scheduled for late-June 2019.
FINAL FANTASY XIV may still be accessible through the 32-bit application even after support has ended, and Square Enix may respond to requests for technical support for the 32-bit application, but such accessibility and support may be limited and is not guaranteed.
Square Enix plans to support a new, 64-bit version of the FINAL FANTASY XIV application with the start of early access for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers.
Below are the minimum system requirements for the new Mac 64-bit application:
|Minimum System Requirements|
|OS||macOS Mojave 10.14, macOS Catalina 10.15|
|Applicable Model||iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) or higher|
|Free Disk Space||60GB|
|Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 M295X or higher|
|Recommended Screen Resolution||1600x900|
|Internet||Broadband Internet connection|
|Communications port||If you are using a router, please set up your ports so that the below packets can pass through.|
[Ports that may be used] TCP：80, 443, 54992 - 54994, 55006 - 55007, 55021 - 55040
For more information regarding the distribution of the 64-bit client for Mac, please click here.
- Please note that a Square Enix Account is required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV. If you do not possess a Square Enix Account, you will be asked to register one at this time. If you already have a Square Enix Account, you do not need to register a separate one and may proceed to sign in with your current Square Enix Account. To create a new Square Enix Account, you may alternatively access the following page using your internet browser. http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/
5. To begin playing, enter your Square Enix Account username and password and select Log In.
6. After logging in, the launcher will check for the latest game data. If necessary, the latest files will be downloaded from the network, and the game will be updated to the most recent version. This process is automatic, and can take anywhere from several minutes to several hours to complete. The estimated time remaining will be displayed under the download progress bar.
7. Once the game has been updated, the Play button will be displayed. Click this button to start the game.