Developed by an all-star team consisting of producer Yosuke Saito (DRAGON QUEST® X / NIER), director YOKO TARO (Drakengard® / NIER), character designer Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation, Inc. (FINAL FANTASY® XIV / BRAVELY DEFAULT), game designer Takahisa Taura from PlatinumGames Inc. (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance), and composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA, Inc. (TEKKEN / Drakengard 3 / NIER).
Pre-order the Black Box Edition now to receive the following physical items:
- Nier: Automata Game for PS4™
- YoRHa 2B Figurine: a meticulously recreated and highly detailed figurine of the main protagonist
- Hardback Artbook: 64 pages showcasing stunning artwork and illustrations from the game
- Steelbook® Case
- Original Soundtrack featuring 13 live recorded songs from NIER and NieR: Automata™
- Collector's Box
The Black Box Edition also includes the following bonus digital content:
- Retro Grey Pod Skin
- Retro Red Pod Skin
- Play System Pod Skin
- Cardboard Pod Skin
- Grimoire Weiss Pod
- Machine Mask Accessory
*Consumers are limited to 1 Black Box Edition per order
Release Date: March 7th, 2017
Products with a broken seal/sticker may not be returned unless there is a defect with the product.
Please note that you use the shipment services at your own risk. Signature Confirmation is recommended. Square Enix Online Store is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
On or Near Release Date Delivery. While we try our best to schedule delivery to arrive on the release date, actual delivery date may vary depending on your location and method of shipping.
Orders received after February 21st, 2017 11:59pm PST will arrive after the Release Day.
- Action-Packed Battles – Players will switch between using melee and ranged attacks in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps. The tight controls and incredibly fluid combat are simple to learn for newcomers while offering plenty of depth for more experienced action gamers. Players can perform high-speed battle actions—combining light and heavy attacks—and switch through an arsenal of weaponry while evading enemies with speed and style.
- Beautifully Desolate Open-World – The game seamlessly joins together hauntingly beautiful vistas and locations with no area loading. The environments are rendered in 60fps and contain a wealth of sub-events in addition to the main storyline.
- Masterfully Crafted Story and Characters – NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their ferocious battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms.
- Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of weapon types, level up in battle, learn new combat skills, and customize a loadout that caters to their playstyle.
- Utilize the Pod Support System to Assist In and Outside of Battle – Pods can attack the enemy in both manual and lock-on modes. They can also assist outside of battle, such as allowing the player to glide through the air. Pods can be enhanced throughout the game, with upgrades including new attack methods and variations.
- “Auto Mode” Available for Beginners – Novice players can elect “Auto Mode” for easy attacks and evasions.