The first FINAL FANTASY® for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system captivates imaginations once again with strikingly sophisticated CG sequences, a riveting storyline, memorable characters and delightful music.
Format: PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system
Players: 1 player
Ship Date: January 2002
- The first FINAL FANTASY® game for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system.
- The first in the history of FINAL FANTASY® installments to integrate voiceovers into a majority of the story scenes.
- Features a special effects system known as the "Facial Motion System," which adds subtle facial expressions to characters in real time.
- Fully 3D environments that seamlessly integrate real-time movement with boss battles, allowing players to wander an area and engage in fights on the same screen.
- Newly designed battle system that integrates traditional FINAL FANTASY® battle elements with a unique Sphere Grid character system.
- Life-like, high-polygon, motion-captured characters designed by renowned artist Tetsuya Nomura.
- Enchanting musical score, written by famed composer Nobuo Uematsu, with tracks featuring a distinct Japanese Okinawan flavor.
- All new side quests and mini-games, such as the underwater sport of blitzball and a monster arena.
- DOLBY® DIGITAL 5.1ch Surround EX compatible.
With SQUARESOFT"s progressive innovations and artistry comes FINAL FANTASY® X, the first title in the series to be released for the PlayStation 2. Immerse yourself in a world that has been devastated by a mysterious force known only as "Sin." Human existence teeters on the brink of extinction when Sin willfully destroys cities and lives. FINAL FANTASY® X makes history by being the first FINAL FANTASY® installment to integrate voiceovers into a majority of the story scenes. Along with a special effects system known as the "Facial Motion System," this feature breathes new life into the characters, story and the FINAL FANTASY® series itself.